2017 Annual General Meeting
The community board is a group of Alexandra Neighbourhood House members elected by the Alex House membership to provide overall direction to and accountability for the organization. It also works on behalf of and within the policies set by the Board of Directors of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC.
Community Board members participate regularly in meetings and on committees, advocate for and raise awareness of Alex House in the community, attend other meetings in the community as required, assist with fundraising and promotion initiatives and events, set policy and oversee its implementation, help to determine long term and strategic directions, ensure the overall stewardship of the organization and have a great time committing themselves to an organization with history and spirit.
Who can be a Community Board member? Anyone with the following qualifications:
• Commitment to the well-being of the whole community
• Current Alex House membership in good standing for at least 60 days before election as a board member
• Live in South Surrey/White Rock or other communities served by Alex House programs/services
• Able to commit at least 3 hours per month
• Able to work well with others in a group setting
• Expertise or knowledge in areas that are needed by the organization
• Familiarity with Alex House activities or willingness to learn about them
• Commitment to the mission statement, purpose and values of Alex House and ANHBC
• No conflict of interest with the role of Community Board member
Our current board members are Laurel Tien (Chair), Adam Vollet, Kiko Kung (Youth Collective Rep), Derek Lacroix, Annika Lofstrand, Holly Kovach, Cheri Monteith and Rableen Nagra.
If you'd like to find out more, contact Penny Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org