CALL FOR ALEX FEST VOLUNTEERS!
Do you want to have fun while giving back to your community? If so, you are invited to volunteer at our 44rd annual Alexandra Festival which will be held this year on Saturday May 26 from 11 am to 5 pm. Alex Fest is our signature event; attracting up to 3,000 people on a sunny day! It includes entertainment, vendors, information tables, children's activities, food carts, demos, and lots more! We have more than 90 shifts available and as in previous years, you can pitch in in a variety of ways:
- Supervising and participating in kids' activities (such as crafts, face-painting, balloons, games, etc.).
- Helping out with food services (selling simple snacks).
- Setting up and taking down tables, chairs, and other physical infrastructure.
- Keeping the grounds clear of litter; and ensuring that garbage/recycling bags are replaced.
- Distributing flyers to folks visiting the nearby beach and park; and selling 50/50 tickets onsite.
- Staffing the information table, or the admission donations table.
- Providing support to vendors and/or entertainers.
All stations at the festival will be supervised by a staff person or a trained and experienced volunteer.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 604-535-0015 ext 236.
We cannot put on this festival without volunteer support so we invite you to come out and contribute to your community by helping us put on an amazing event.