Become a Member
Click here to complete your membership on line.
Download a hard copy of the membership form here.
Now is the ideal time to apply for or renew your membership in Alex House and to encourage family, friends, and colleagues to join you. Membership is an expression of your commitment to the vision and goals we share for our community – empowering and enabling people to reach their full potential in strengthening their neighbourhoods through programs and activities which bring people together. Whether it be Alex Fest, Lit Café, our community gardens, our childcare programs, parent education, or creating safe space for youth to gather, Alex House relies on its members to help make community happen through your support.
Current membership fees are:
Youth (under 19) and Seniors (over 65): $8
Memberships are also available for businesses and nonprofits:
Business (for-profit): $200
- Invitation to our AGM, including voting privileges
- Subscription to The Barnacle, our in-house newsletter
- A complimentary pin for new members
- 10% discount on one rental per year
- 10% discount on Alex House merchandise
- For non-profits, a mug and pin
- For businesses, a mug, pin, framed archival photo, and one free ad in The Barnacle.
Apply or renew today by calling 604-535-0015, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For the past one hundred years, Alexandra Neighbourhood House has been hard at work helping to build community – one individual at a time. From our origins as a “fresh air camp” for orphans from Vancouver, we have been focused on creating opportunities for neighbours to gather, grow, and build a spirit of community.
We want YOU to be a part of this unfolding story, by supporting our work through active membership in Alexandra Neighbourhood House. Your membership is not only a tangible sign of your support for community engagement and development, but it is also a sign of your support for the neighbourhood house movement in Metro Vancouver. We are part of a network of place-based agencies striving to build safe, inclusive communities where people have a sense of belonging, and the knowledge that we all can make a difference in our own lives, our neighbourhoods, and our communities.
Your membership helps us to provide programs and maintain our facilities. In return, you are eligible for priority registration and/or reduced rates on some of our programs and services; subscription to our quarterly newsletter; and participation in our annual general meeting – where you can have a voice in planning priorities for the future.
Why become a member of Alexandra Neighbourhood House? Here's a few good reasons!
1. You support one of the most longstanding agencies in the community.
Vancouver's orphans first came to enjoy a fresh air camp at Camp Alexandra in the early 1900's
2. You contribute to the health and well-being of people living on the Semiahmoo Peninsula and beyond.
Alexandra Neighbourhood House provides programs, services and rental venues for children, families, seniors, supported adults, newcomers and community groups.
3. You have many opportunities to participate in programs and services throughout the community.
While many of our programs are offered at Camp Alexandra in Crescent Beach, we also provide services through the Vine Youth & Family Centre in White Rock and our Children's Centre in Morgan Crosing.
4. You help us maintain our historic buildings.
Revenue from memberships and donations will allow us to develop a comprehensive and sustainable building program.
5. Membership fees supplement funds we receive from other sources.
Our goal is to improve support from individuals thorough memberships and donations.
6. You receive information about Alexandra Neighbourhood House activities first.
All members receive our monthly newsletter by email or in hardcopy.
7. You help us fulfill our mission
"Providing opportunities for people to gather, grow, and build a spirit of community."
8. You learn about the changing needs of your community.
Alexandra Neighbourhood House participates in a number of community initiatives.
9. You become part of the Neighbourhood House Movement
Neighbourhood houses strives to build safe, inclusive communities where people have a sense of belonging and the knowledge that they, as individuals have the ability to make a difference in their own lives, in their neighbourhood and in their community. Neighbourhood Houses connect neighbours to each other .
Don’t be left out in the cold…come in and renew today - we’d hate to lose you! And if you’re new to our community, we’d love to meet you.